The settlement is situated at the southern end of the Kara Menderes floodplain on a hill east of Pınarbaşı. According to Schliemann, the settlement consisted of an upper and a lower town. In his time, a few meters of the acropolis wall were still in place. On the northern and eastern slopes of the lower city remains of house foundations were preserved. Schliemann dated the settlement the 9th–5th century BCE. The Korfmann-team found coarse pithos fragments, Gray Ware and Mycenaean pottery. J. M. Cook reports that rescue excavations in 1934 produced much pottery dating to Troy VI and VII.
Literature: Cook 1973a; Aslan & Bieg 2003; Korfmann 1996a; Pavúk & Schubert 2014« All sites
Latitude, Longitude: 39.881683, 26.297300